+++Incoming Astropathic Transmission+++
Greetings Dark Heresy fans!
This week I am proud to announce the 2009 Dark Heresy Adventure Contest!
The contest for this year has a special theme—the Radical side of the Inquisition! Mutants, heresy, daemons, aliens and much more are all fair game. From Radicals as the protagonists to purging the Radical taint in the name of Puritan ideals, all are up for grabs. Last year’s contest produced some excellent entries, and I’m really looking forward to seeing the adventures for this year!
The official rules are presented below.
Contest Rules and Info:
- All entries must be received by November 30, 2009.
- Entries should be submitted in PDF, Pages Document, Word Document, or rich text formats only.
- Entries should be no longer than 10,000 words in length (which equates roughly to a 16-page adventure). The Entry should include something related to the theme of Radicalism in the Inquisition.
- Entires should be appropriate the adventure is to the 40K universe and the Calixis Sector, and extra points are awarded for visual presentation.
- Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the following information on the cover sheet of the submission:
- 1. Your full legal name
- 2. Your e-mail address
- 3. How you would like your name to be displayed (e.g., J. Smith, James Smith, or James T. Smith)
- 4. The title of the scenario
- 5. The following disclaimer must appear verbatim:
- "I certify that I am the author of the attached material and that attached material is original, unpublished work. Fantasy Flight Games and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works, and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Fantasy Flight Games against all claims, suits, costs, damages, and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material."
- Entrants shall not submit or expose their scenarios or any part thereof for any purpose beyond private use once submitted.
- Entries will be reviewed by the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay development team, and the top three entries will be submitted to a limited pool of our playtesters for evaluation and judging.
- Entries will be judged based on creativity, setting treatment, clarity, and professionalism.
- Winners will be announced by December 21, 2009.
The winning entry will receive a signed copy of The Radical’s Handbook in addition to recognition on the FFG web site. Also, the top three finalist scenarios will be made available for download once the finalists have been announced, so the fans can view them and play the best scenarios submitted.
You can find the finalist and winning entries for the 2008 competition on the Dark Heresy Support Page.
Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the grim darkness of the far future. Players take on the roles of Acolytes serving the Inquisition, rooting out heresy and corruption from within the galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man.
Oh neat, gonna have to try this! :D
Are the last contests winners adventure available anywhere? :D