I hope this is the correct forum for this, its my first post.
I am recruiting for an online game, run over IRC (Real time, text, Saturdays starting at 6pm EST (GMT -5))
Said game is going to be using the Dark Heresy setting (An inquisitor as the driving force), however I was going to allow characters from any of the three main games.
I have successfully run this campaign for three years back in the days when DH was the only ruleset, and look forward to resurrecting the campaign with new players… and all this new material to play with.
I don't want to give away too much, so I'll stick with the deal breakers for now.
1) You WILL have multiple characters (You will NEVER use more then one at once, the players represent a large group more then just one individual. The reason for this is it helps explain new players/characters easily, lessens the impact your inevitable deaths will have, and allows people to play multiple different archetypes.)
2) You WILL not fight with other players over IRL world views (No hating on minorities, homosexuals, or members of any real world religion.)
3) Do NOT fight me over cannon. I'm not a master of 40k, but I've red the codexs, and several books. The cannon is already contradictory, I will be making choices to make the universe consistent. You are welcome to mention when I'm wrong, and I may change it. You are also welcome too…
4) You WILL tell me when there is a problem. If I make a cannon decision you really hate, a rules change you can't stand, or otherwise piss you off. You will let me know right then and there. We may wait till the end of the game to resolve it though.
4a) You will let me know in a respectful manor. Consequently I will respond in a respectful manor. If you feel I have been direspectful, feel free to get a little harsh in reminding me of it. I don't like being insulted, but I'm no stranger to strong language, and the internet does not convey body language well.
5) You WILL accept that these characters live a perilous existence, and some are likely to die.
6) You WILL capitalize random words for emphasis… (Wait, no, that's not right)
7) You WILL not make characters that are deliberately disruptive. Yes, in character reasons can lead you to fight, and even kill, other players. But if you were an utter psychotic that would shoot a man who your life depends on because you don't like his hat… you would never have been recruited.
8) You WILL accept that even in the grim darkness of the forty first millennium there is still some humor, light, and love, and there's no reason to go around being arbitrarily evil for the sake of being evil. Even in a game where you are fully justified killing a billion innocent people to stop an evil, you are still the good guys.
That should just about cover it. I try not to run the game like too much of a dictator, but I've run enough to know its good to make a point of the basics sometimes. More information can be available on request.
Those interested can either post here, or send me a PM if this system allows it.
|Page 1 of 1 (5 messages)||1|
I am extremely interested. Any restrictions on what we will be allowed to play as far as races and classes go?
Hmm, it would seem my earlier post didn't, well, post.
This game is inquisitorial, so I was planning on sticking with exactly two races. Humans, and Marines. I could work out abhuman stats perhaps, anything else is unlikely to be allowed, at least up front.
Ok, it's the eleventh hour. Anyone who hasn't sent me a private message yet, please do so. You CAN join after the first game of course (In fact this will most likely be rule discussions and character creation.) The beauty of the way I was planning on running it, with everyone having multiple characters representing a group, people can come and go fairly freely.
For those interested in watching, game will be on irc.darkmyst.net, #DHKey.
I'd be very interested in playing this as well. Can't figure out the private message thing on your profile, but feel free to message me, or send me an email at email@example.com
|Page 1 of 1 (5 messages)||1|